Using water efficiently means that we can reduce the amount of water being taking out of our rivers and aquifers, especially as demands are rising. This helps protect our water resources and the wildlife that live there. Here are a few tips for saving water:
* Turn off the tap while you’re brushing your teeth
* Only wash full loads of laundry
* Drink tap water instead of bottled (use a refillable bottle!)
* Scrape rather than rinse dishes before loading into the dishwasher
* Keep a pitcher of water in the fridge as opposed to letting the faucet run until it’s cold
* If your toilet doesn’t have dual flush, consider putting a brick in the cistern to use less water (most toilets use more than they need to!)
Sutton and East Surrey Water provide free water saving packs to consumers. Visit www.savewatersavemoney.co.uk<www.savewatersavemoney.co.uk>, or call 0345 371 0728 for information.