5 tips for reducing your carbon footprint:
1. *Dial it down*. Moving your thermostat down in winter and up in
summer could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide per year.
2. *Turn it off. *Make it a habit to turn off the lights when you’re
leaving any room for 15 minutes or more.
3. *Use cold water*. Using cold water can save up to 80 percent of the
energy required to wash clothes.
4. *Buy local.* It’s been estimated that if we try to buy food locally,
the country could save over £2 billion pounds in congestion and
5. *Recycle.* We can leave out plastics, glass, paper and even textiles
and small electrics to be collected for recycling. If you have questions
about what you can recycle or how to do it, contact Mole Valley Council
at 01306 885001.